6.16.2014

Simply Real: Chloe Turns 9 Months Old + (Almost) 11 Weeks Pregnant

Not even joking... this was the first time she ever did this!!  To commemorate turning 9 months old, Chloe discovered that the toilet paper goes a bit further than she had originally anticipated.  Such a curious baby...
I know I'm late on this blog post *-_- I haven't exactly been feeling too good (more on that later...) but on to the good stuff!

On the fifth, the Chloe turned 9 months old.  I know I probably say this every month but she just gets keeps growing leaps and bounds and she never ceases to amaze Thomas and me.  This past month she's learned how to (safely) get off the bed without someone reminding her what to do, she constantly wants to feed herself (both with her hands and she tries to take the utensils from us), she can pull herself to a standing position and is practicing how to keep her balance without holding on to anything.

She has five teeth that have completely broken through, and she currently is dealing with the sixth one making its appearance (she's been really fussy the past few nights... and extra drooly).  For the first few teeth, she didn't seem too bothered by them coming through.  But these last few have made her extra fussy (especially when she's tired) and clingy.  We use the Hyland's Teething Tablets when her gums seem to really be bothering her.  We also started brushing her teeth with the Orajel Tooth/Gum Cleanser.  My dentist said that a lot of irritation comes from the plaque build up on their gums, and burshing regularly has seemed to help her.  She really enjoys it.

The first night Chloe got her teeth/gums brushed!
Chloe will still eat pretty much anything.  She seems to love spicy food and juicy fruits.  Thomas is perfecting his signature fried rice recipe... which is a bit on the spicy side and she absolutely loves it.  She doesn't even bat an eye.  I think it probably has something to do with all the vermicelli noodles with grilled pork & spring rolls topped with sriracha and chili oil I ate while I was pregnant... yuuuuum I could really go for some of that right now... Anyway!  Costco had some gorgeous mangos on sale so we bought a box and well... Chloe loved them!



In fact...

She loved them so much...

Daddy went back to buy her more =P No... but she really does love them.  She loves them more than peaches.

Aside from eating, Chloe loves reading and talking.  She loves to look at the pictures in the books and turning the pages.  She loves to imitate sounds that she likes... especially when she hears songs and singing.  Her little personality just keeps blossoming more and more everyday...

Along with Chloe being 9 months old now, I am also (almost) 11 weeks pregnant.  It really is amazing how different this pregnancy is (so far) compared to when I was pregnant with Chloe.  I barely had any nausea or headaches when I was pregnant with Chloe.  The only real problem was I was tired a lot.  My energy level seems to be pretty good this time around (probably since it has to be with all the running around we do with Chloe), but I have never had so much nausea in my life!  Once simple tasks such as brushing my teeth are enough to make me gag (or worse...) and when the nausea is coupled with migraines (which by the way run in my family) it's almost unbearable.  It was the worse the last week Thomas was gone and his first week back.  If I was lucky I would have a migraine or some nausea... when I was unluckily... I'd have both.  When you're pregnant a lot of the medicine a person would take to relieve their headaches... are kinda off limits to you now.  It was a lot of trying to just take it easy and rest.  My stomach was pretty unpredictable as well... somedays eating a little bit of something would be enough to make me feel better... other days nothing at all would make my stomach stop turning.  Luckily... this past week has gotten a little bit better.  I think we're finding a new routine that works for us as a family and we're slowly getting back in to the swing of everything (which allows me to sneak in a nap).  I'm hoping that once we pass the first trimester mark, the nausea will subside.  Keeping my fingers crossed...

Oh, I'm also breaking out like crazy.  That kinda happened when I was pregnant with Chloe, but not this early on.

Food cravings (which amazingly will be the only things that don't make my stomach ever turn): Pizza... Steaks... Salads (of all sorts: potato, macaroni, caesar, asian, cole slaw, you name it, I'll probably wanna eat it)... Vermicelli noodles... Spicy food... Ugh... I love spicy food... Korean food... Garlic... Thomas' breakfast omelets...

I also have a super nose which sometimes turn me off of food.  For example, we make sure the kitchen is clean (aside from Chloe's last bottle of the night).  I hate waking up in the morning to find dishes in the sink and a dirty kitchen.  So we've been making it a habit to make sure all the dishes are washed, the stove, counters, and sink are wiped down every single night.  But the past few days I've been smelling eggs.  Not even rotten eggs... just eggs.  And it was disgusting.  Of course, Thomas couldn't smell it... but finally by the third morning he said he possibly smelled a whiff of it.  I think we may have finally gotten rid of the source... but every morning I did not want to eat eggs until that smell stopped bothering me.

Other than the tummy and migraine problems things have been great.  I'm just so glad that Thomas is finally back home!  Chloe and I were getting tired of staying cooped up at home all day.  I hope everyone has a great work week!









No comments:

Post a Comment