5.16.2014

Simply Real: We Made It!

I'm sorry!  I know that I'm very late on this post... But Thomas, Chloe, and I made our big move to Washington this past Monday!!  Monday was quite hectic.  I spent the morning running around making sure I didn't forget anything.  By the time we got to the airport and through security, we booked it towards our gate.  We were about three gates away when we heard the final boarding call for our flight.  Thomas had all of our carry-on bags, while I was pushing Chloe in the stroller... I sprinted to the gate and we made it just. in.  time.

Phew!  Thomas and I were sweating by the time we were in our seats!

Chloe was soooo good during the flight!  This was her first time on an airplane and she behaved so well!  She fell asleep about an hour into the flight, and again right before we landed.  As you can see she had no trouble getting comfortable.

We were able to catch the sunset just as we were flying in.  The pictures really don't do it any justice.  Just as the sun was hitting the horizon it was this intense fiery color... it was so beautiful!

The past few days have been quite a whirlwind filled with so many mixed emotions for me.  I'm so excited to start this new adventure with my little family but at the same time... I was sad to leave my family and home.  So far... we're absolutely loving Washington!  We happened to come during the most perfect weather!  Ever since we arrived it has been sunny and not too cold.  In fact, it feels like Hawai'i on a nice breezy day!  At night, it is definitely colder but nothing too unbearable... yet. =]

Chloe's first pinecone!  At first, she didn't want to touch it... and then she ended up carrying this one all over the mall with her. =]
I noticed these pretty flowers outside our dining room window when we first got to our apartment.

Then the next morning when I looked outside... they had bloomed into these beautiful blossoms!  I sent a picture to my sisters and Mom.  Shannon said it's a sign of a beautiful new beginning <3 

We've been spending the past few days getting used to the area that we live in and making sure that we get all the essentials squared away.  Tuesday happened to be Thomas' birthday and we spent it exploring the areas around our apartment and shopping.

We felt a bit more comfortable with driving around on Wednesday so we decided to venture into Seattle to pay our respects to Thomas' idol, Bruce Lee.  I had no idea that Bruce Lee was buried in Seattle!  As soon as we finalized our move, Thomas told me that when we got here we had to go see him... and I agreed! My grandfather helped found one of the Chinese Lion Dance clubs down in Chinatown back at home, and my dad also has a love for Kung Fu movies.  Who doesn't love Bruce Lee?!  This was a very moving trip for Thomas... Martial Arts has become a large part of Thomas' life and I cannot begin to explain to you how much he looks up to Bruce Lee!

Here are a few pictures from our visit to Lakeview Cemetery in Seattle, Washington:

Your inspiration continues to guide us toward our personal liberation.




Those eyyyyyyes. 0.0
Anywho... I'm quite tired.  This week has been pretty crazy... and Chloe is still stuck on Hawai'i time which means she's been going to bed around 11/11:30 >.<  Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment